the Vancouver Monthly Meeting
of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Quakers share a way of life, not a set of beliefs. We base our faith on silent worship, and our own experiences of the divine.
Vancouver Friends now have both in-person and online meeting for worship options.
Newcomers are invited. (What is a meeting for worship?) Details of available meetings below.
In-Person Each Sunday at 10.30 am
1090 West 70th Avenue
Vancouver, V6P 2X9
Sunday Morning 10:30am Meeting for Worship – Online as well as in person
🎶 For those who love to sing on First Sundays, Ruth Walmsley hosts singing prior to Meeting starting at 9:30 AM. Come one and all online or in person!
🧘♂️ Online Meeting for Worship begins on Sunday at 10:30 AM by zoom webinar. All conventions of our regular Meeting for Worship remain the same. If you would like a basic orientation to zoom, please plan to join at 10:20 AM.
Join Meeting online:
- Meeting ID: 899 560 222 47
- Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kl9lY2P8K
Thursday Afternoon 3:00pm Midweek Meeting for Worship – Online ONLY
Meeting ID: 833 6693 5935
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbDFD32Qk7
3rd Sunday each month, 12:15pm; Monthly Meeting for Business – ONLINE ONLY
Join Meeting online:
- Meeting ID: 827 3180 6286
Protocols for in-person meetings
- Masking is optional. Friends are asked to stay home if experiencing any symptoms or if they have had recent contact with anyone testing positive for COVID.
- There will be hand sanitizer and masks available for anyone who wants to use them.
- Attenders are asked to space themselves out where possible, respecting that others may prefer some distance.
- It is our practice to shake hands to signal the close of the Meeting for Worship. This is usually followed by about 10 minutes of worshipful sharing, announcements, introductions, and refreshments downstairs.
What is a Meeting for Worship?
Meeting for Worship is a “silent waiting” and a search for spiritual communion. We have no pastor or spiritual director. Ideally, the silence is broken only when someone feels divinely moved to share some personal insight with the rest of the Meeting. Prepared statements and long messages may detract from the spirit of Meeting for Worship. For more information about joining us in Quaker Worship, and answers to common questions, please feel free to look over our page for Newcomers.
Childcare is available during Meeting. After Meeting for Worship, we have a potluck on the first Sunday of each month, and a informal Newcomers group on the second Sunday of each month.
Other Quakers Online:
🌈 Join a weekly LGBTQ meeting for worship.
- Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns (FLGBTQC) is a Quaker faith community within the Religious Society of Friends. FLGBTQC deeply honors, affirms, and upholds that of God in all people. (More information here.)We are currently offering weekly online worship. For more information, email Rob Hughes at or Lewis Maday-Travis at .
🌴 Or enjoy a daily online Meeting with the Ben Lomond Quaker Center
- The Quaker Center offers a daily online meeting for worship from 7:30 until 8:00 AM, Pacific Time.
✨ Young Friends on Facebook
- Younger Quakers are known as Young Friends (roughly 13-18 years old) and Young Adult Friends (18-35). Collectively, they are part of Canadian Young Friends Yearly Meeting (CYFYM). You can find out more here at yf.quaker.ca and in the CYFYM Facebook group.